Friday, May 6, 2011

cashing in on rain checks

I think Safeway is one of the best stores for honoring rain checks.  They will do the best they can to get the product to you and if that is not possible they will make it up.
About a month ago I tried to get their 3 pound Jenny O ground turkey 80/20 that was on a 4 day sale for $5 with no limit.  The only day I could get to Safeway was the last day of their sale and they sold out.  I received a rain check and asked for 3, 3lb packages of ground turkey.  I made several attempts to collect on this offer and thought I would forever be known as the crazy turkey lady being how they knew exactly why I was there when I rang the bell at the meat department.  They tried to special order this item but it was no longer available.  They made it up to me by giving me 10 pounds of 93/7 a much leaner meat and an extra pound for the same price I would pay for 9 pounds of 80% lean.  This is an even better deal.  Thank you to Safeway for making the crazy turkey lady happy.
I used my $5 catalina coupons from the week before and ended up paying only $10 for all of this turkey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment