Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What's for Dinner?

I got sick of spending an hour every night trying to think of what to make for dinner so I started making a menu for the family.  I also find that keeping a menu keeps me on budget.  I know that my Daughter has gymnastics on Tuesday and Wednesday so I make sure to have easy prep dinners on those nights.  Sunday I make a lot of my puree and meals to freeze.  I know I will be spending most of Sunday in the kitchen so I plan on a meal that goes well with what I am making that day. 
To prepare my menu for the month I get my food ad's out and my favorite cook books.  Right now I like  the conscious cook by Tal Ronnen, the biggest loser cookbook, deceptively delicious, the joy of cooking and of course my own cook book that I put together over the year with my favorite meals. 
This process takes about an hour but it makes the entire month easier and NOBODY has to ask "Mom, what's for dinner?"

No comments:

Post a Comment