Monday, May 9, 2011

How to shop at Walgreens

I feel like I have to dedicate an entire entry today just on shopping at Walgreen's.  It can be one of the best places to shop but also very frustrating.  I have gone in and bought my items thinking I was going to save so much money and get so much back and then leave the store wondering what I did wrong, sit in my car and figure it all out.  What I know now is that you can print the store coupon policy before even leaving your house.  Now when I go to Walgreen's I know exactly what I am going to buy and for how much.  I also know how much I am getting back in roll back rewards to use for my next shopping trip.. Here is some need to know information.
Walgreen's will accept a coupon up to it's value.  If you are purchasing an item for 3.50 and your coupon is $5 off you do not receive the difference. 
If an item is B1G1 (Buy one get one free) you can use two coupons. 
Roll back (RR) are one per offer.  If they have $5 RR for a package of razors and you buy 4 razors you will only receive one RR for that transaction.
Roll back rewards are scanned as a coupon so you can not pay for an item using a RR if you used a coupon for that item, you will need a filler to use that coupon.  I like to add a pack of gum to my order so that my RR can be scanned and I can still use my coupons. 
Most important lesson I learned the hard way, label your RR you receive.  If the store gives you a $2 RR for a great deodorant deal, you can not use that RR to buy that same deodorant.  I label each RR with what item I got it for.  I know my Walgreen's will scan my RR for anything but I have been to a Walgreen's that would not accept my RR for the same item.

Colgate toothpaste and brushes buy 2 get $4 back I used 2 coupons making the toothpaste 25 cents each.  Same for the toothbrushes I had 2 coupons $1 off so they are FREE

Panteen shampoo and conditioner 2/6 I had 2 $3 off coupons FREE
Dove candy I had two $1/1 coupons and I printed a $1/2 coupon from Walgreen's website making my price $2/2 and I received $1 back in RR
Gillette fusion proglide are on sale for $9.89 I had a $4 off coupon and they gave me a $5 RR for buying this.  My total cost was $0.89
I bought some Easter clearance items for $0.25 for my fillers that way I could pay for them with my RR and I received $9 RR for my next purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment