Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dollar day at thrift store

So today I had to go to Sedona to pull up bread in two of our stores there.  I decided to bring my Daughter so we could go to goodwill while we were there.  Once in awhile they have Dollar day Sunday's.  We both did our shopping and here is what we found
Taylor bought a Hanna Montana board game, Toy Story Operation (for her brother) a cute children's place dress, a barbie, cd holder and some new cd's.  I found LL bean Jeans, caffeine addict pj's (so cute) cooking with Rosie book, a new wallet and some cups for smoothies to go.  Everything was $1 and we both have new stuff. 
 I love going to thrift stores for clothes because I am always saying "I don't want to spend any money on clothes until I get into a smaller size" well I have been size 12-14 for 10 years but it never changes the way I think.  I feel like if I spend a few dollars on jeans at a thrift store I am not waisting my money if I do happen to get into a smaller size.  Thrift stores are great for kids spending allowance money because they can get more for their buck and lets face it, kids are not gentle on toys.  The one thing to keep in mind on toy's and games is make sure all pieces are there.  We ask if we can open boxes because we do not want to buy something we can not use.  If they do not let you see inside before you buy then put it back on the shelf because it is not worth the risk.  Even if the game is only $1 it is junk once you find out pieces are missing.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Kelly! I bet Sedona's Goodwill is FULL of good deals! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete